A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Highway 8 is a desolate place where it's just you, your jeep, and the road. Your only goal is to make it to the end but it's just not that easy. Highway 8 is hostile...you'll get tired, hungry and thirsty. Your jeep will need fuel and parts. Everything you need can be found by searching but searching costs time. Will you risk it to make it to the end?
Highway 8 has been designed as a kind of digital toy. It's ideal for running when you want to game but you also need to pay attention elsewhere at the same time. Or you don't want people to know you're gaming ;)
Highway 8 has no sound whatsoever. This may sound wierd but Highway 8 is not designed to take up 100% of your attention- it's not a 40 hour epic...just a minutes-long digital thing that is simple but challenging and infinitely repeatable.
- low intensity gameplay
- neat user interface
- survival simulation
- three tiers of challenge
- no sound (Parents, Students in lectures, people on the phone)
- Windows 32-bit or 64-bit OR Mac OSX Yosemite
- openGL - compatible graphics card (some Intel integrated graphics chips will not be able to display this game properly; making the game unplayable)
- minimum screen resolution 1280 * 720 pixels. Running Highway 8 in a smaller window will clip the game screen!
- Java 8 or later. (included in game download)
Highway 8 is coded in Processing. An MIT-developed and Java-based proramming language.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $0.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: